A TEACHER TAKES A HAND, OPENS A MIND, AND TOUCHES A HEART.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Classroom Library

I love my classroom library! :) I got my pillows a couple of years ago at Bonton on Black Friday. I am so happy I did, the kids LOVE them, plus it gives the area a pop of color. In my classroom library I have my books organized in a couple of ways. First, if you look at the top shelf it holds books in boxes with a letter from the alphabet. This is new to our building, we are all required to level our books according to Fountas & Pinnell levels, which I love. That is why you see the letters posted on each box, the levels range from A-Z, A being the lowest level and Z being the highest level. Then, all the books below are organized based on their genre. Lastly, if you notice the spiral book shelf on the right, that holds all my chapter books. I feel like it is really hard to keep my library organized, because the younger students don't put the books back where they belong. If anyone has any suggestions to prevent this please leave me a comment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment